Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Time lag

Recently I have been clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of all sorts of emails. Most of these  simply arrive unsolicited. A handful are from groups that I once followed and perhaps contributed to, but I no longer want to hear from them and have no intention of making further donations.

One thing I notice is that many of these tell me that it may take up to ten days for them to get me off their list.

And yet it takes a nanosecond for them to take my credit card money.

Huh. Funny how that works.

The vast majority of these sites tell me I am unsubscribed and that is that. So obviously the technology for instant deletion exists.

I have been warned, BTW, not to hit Unsubscribe indiscriminately. Some sites use that as a lure to get more info.

Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment