Thursday, March 5, 2015

Trap


This is a trap into which all of us can fall if we are not careful. It has little to do with native intelligence or education. I confess that I often assume my opinions are correct because they are my opinions, not because they are based on full knowledge of a particular issue or person or group of people. 

I recall a particularly embarrassing conversation a few years back when I was denouncing a politician for something. The woman with whom I was speaking was on the same political wavelength as I was, but at one point she gently informed me that I was wrong on that particular issue. I  did not know the most basic things about the history of a particular pension plan and so my complaints were off base. 

I hate to think how often this is the case. I am sure, but I am wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment